Saturday 14 March 2015

5 1/2 Hour Blanket

Some great friends of mind recently moved in together and I wanted to make them a house warming present. I really wanted to make them a lovely snugly blanket for curling up on the sofa, but with me starting a brand new job, I didn't have much time for blanket making. That was until I found this wonderful pattern!

The pattern claimed you could make this blanket in 5 and a half hours, and if I'm honest, I was a bit sceptical. But it really is that simple! 

The V stitches are really quick to do and create a lovely texture, and, by using three strands of wool at the same time, you're able to build up a really snugly thick blanket in no time at all - and can create some lovely colour combinations. 

I used 3 really big balls of wool and they managed to make a blanket big enough for 2! I chose a colour combination of deep purple, air force blue and cream, and I'm really happy with how it came out.





Thanks,

CatCat


No comments:

Post a Comment